Tuesday 23 September 2008

Scrambles - A Year On

The September Scrambles show last year was our first agility show. We ended up with 8 E's - including 2 for leaving the ring to sample picnics and to survey the refreshment tent.

This year Scrambles wasn't our best show. All 3 of us made silly mistakes that cost us dear - a pole in the steeplechase because of my body language; missed weave enteries and Jordan's loss of confidence with weaves and slight panic about hearing the whistle in power and speed. It was unfortunate that weaves in the Royal Canin Agility were just before the last jump so Rupert seeing the finish acellerated, realised he had weaves and went in at the second pole. Shame as our time was the fastest and we lost a qualifying place in the RC Agility. Sunday's agility had the weaves after the start. Again Rup charged off like a bat out of hell at the start and realised he had weaves and, again, went in the second pole. Jordan lost confidence with the weaves in the jumping. But Rup weaved beautifully in snooker and we came 3rd. I realise I need to rethink how I do snooker. I asked the judge and scribe to give me waves instead of a whistle. According to the ring manager they need to wave a lot more!!! They said I was too busy running like a bat outa hell to see them!!! I didn't realise I'd faulted and finished the course. We'd have come 2nd if I'd gone straight to the finish. So folks, if you see us doing any of the whistle games please stand round the ring and wave like fury when the whistle sounds and I may see you in the nano second I'm not controling the mad dog. Our day ended with a 3rd in the steeplechase for Jordan - only points of seconds separated the first 3.

Well, it has been a good year. Only one more show to go before the end of September and we'll find out whether Jordan has won the gold Disabled Handler's League. I have to say I was willing Marion and Fizz to win and am really pelased they have beaten me. But it looks like Jordan is gonig to win it.

No comments: